Although hair loss may seem like a more prominent problem in men, women are nearly as likely to lose, or have thinning, hair. Most women notice it in their 50s or 60s, but it can happen at any age and for a variety of reasons. Hair loss affects approximately 35 million men and 21 million women in the US alone. Over 40 % of men will have noticeable hair loss by the age of 35, while 65% of women will have noticeable hair loss by the time they are 60.
Hair loss solutions are now available to treat all of your needs, and the Neograft Hair Replacement System provides the next generation in hair restoration for men and women. Regardless of your balding pattern, Neograft Hair Transplant System can re-plant your own hair in just a few short hours, with no surgery, little to no pain and no downtime. If hair restoration is a concern you have, the Neograft Hair Transplant System may be the right choice for you.
As is the case with their male counterparts, women primarily lose their hair because of heredity factors, but there are other medical conditions that cause diffuse hair loss in women such as:
- Hormonal changes
- Discontinuation of birth control pills
- Obstetric and gynecologic conditions such as post-partum and post-menopausal states or ovarian tumors
- Anemia or iron deficiency
- Thyroid disease and the medications used to treat it
- Stress or trauma — surgical procedures, general anesthesia, and severe emotional problems
- Poor nutrition caused by sudden changes in diet, crash dieting, bulimia, protein/calorie deficiency, essential fatty acid or zinc deficiency, malabsorbtion, hypervitaminosis A
- Lupus – connective tissue disease
- Various medications
- Traction Alopecia or hair loss caused from trauma, excessive tension on hair from wearing hairstyles or braiding that is very tight.
The central parting of a woman with no hair loss.
A woman with extensive diffuse hair on the top of the scalp.
Ludwig I-2, I-3, I-4
The width of the parting gets progressively wider, indicating thinner hair along the center of the scalp.
A woman with extensive hair loss and little to no surviving hair in the alopecia affected area. Very few women ever reach this stage, and, if they do, it is usually because they have a condition that causes significant, abnormally excessive androgen hormone production.
Ludwig II-1, II-2 Diffuse thinning of the hair over the top of the scalp.
A woman with a pattern of hair loss that is described as “frontal accentuated”. That means there is more hair loss at the front and center of the hair parting instead of just in the top middle and the scalp
Neograft is an automated hair transplant system which facilitates the harvesting of follicles during a Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) hair transplant, dramatically improving the accuracy and speed over previously used manual extraction instruments.
Nutrafol improves hair growth with visibly more thickness and strength. Target root causes of thinning hair like stress, environment, and nutrition with medical-grade, natural ingredients that support your whole-body health. The #1 Dermatologist recommended hair growth supplement brand. Clinically proven formulations to support hair wellness from within.
No matter your gender, age, genetics, or hair goals, there’s a formula for you.